Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Did I mention I have some FIBER?!


































Saturday was a wonderful day! Jim and I traveled over to Carothers Country Mill, through Winona, through Goodview and over to Minnesota City. If you haven't made time to visit the mill try to do so...it is so worth it! Lynda suggested I make my blending options so I began laying out the washed bags of fiber; llama, shetland, mohair groupings that I've raised! I have way more than I'm showing here something like 150 #'s!!!!! OMG everyone. I hope you all need fiber for spinning and knitting. The fiber is gorgeous and we have over 8#'s of an unbelievably soft to the touch llama roving from a red/white shearing. I can't stand it it is all so beautiful and soft to the feel. Lynda has two employees that I managed to picture and put on this blog posting. Phoebe is 3#'s and prefers to be held and then there is the 5 month watch kitten of the mill. Both are hysterical and so much fun to play with and watch. We finished our rainy day by visiting the Lark Toy Factory which was AMAZING! It is in Kellogg, MN. I could have spent all day there. We drove back to Blackhammer, MN without incident and as the day progressed learned of all the tragedy to strike the very towns and highways we had just traveled across. Lynda is safe and so are we.

No comments: